A fix to Player Alerts to address incorrect season stolen base counts in SB in-game alerts went to production yesterday. The SB alerts should now accurately display the player’s season total in the message, where before it was incorrectly displaying the game total. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you continue to see this issue.
We have detected a pair of minor issues with our two alert services:
- Player Alerts – Season Stolen Base Counts – for in-game SB alerts, the message is showing the number of SBs for the game where it should be showing the season total.
- Team Alerts – False Lead Changes – we detected an issue where when our stringers in the ballpark update stats after a game, it falsely records and publishes a lead change alert if the game had late-inning changes.
We are currently working on patches for these two issues and will notify you when the fixes go live. In the meantime, if you are concerned about receiving false lead change alerts, you can always disable the alert type in the Mobile Dashboard.
We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration these issues may have caused.
- A detailed description of the issue: what you did, what you expected to happen, what did or didn’t happen
- The service you were using or tried to sign up for
- Your mobile phone number
- The manufacturer and model number of your device (like "Motorola RAZR v3m Red Edition")
- The name of your wireless service provider
- If you’re using text messaging services, the five-digit number or "short code" from which messages originated
Please save any messages that you sent to us or received from us before, during, and after the error, and make note of any settings you may have changed (like alerts selected or message time window).
We pride ourselves on responding quickly to all e-mails and resolving issues in a rapid but thorough manner. Please don’t hesitate to contact us any time you have a problem.
There is also a wealth of information on our recently-updated Help/FAQ section.
Welcome to the MLB.com/Mobile Blog!
This is our space to tell you about new products and features, update you on service issues, and ruminate from time to time on things mobile and baseball. It’s also your space to tell us what you like (and don’t like) about our products, how we can improve them, and generally how you want to experience baseball on your mobile device.
We’ve been extremely busy this offseason – tomorrow’s post will talk about a few of the many new products and features we’ve launched. In the meantime you can always check them out for yourself on our new, improved Web site at MLB.com/Mobile.
And remember – any time you need the latest score and schedule info, just go to wap.mlb.com on your mobile phone’s browser and select "Scores", or just text your team’s name to 65246 (MLBGO). Standard text messaging and data rates apply, but there’s no signup required and no subscription fees.