We just released the MLB.com Desktop Icon for Blackberry(TM) devices, a downloadable app that adds an MLB icon to your device which takes you to the MLB.com Mobile Web site with a single click.
To download the icon directly to your device "over the air", open your Blackberry’s browser and go o to wap.mlb.com. A link should be visible at the top of the page that will take you to a download page with instructions. You can also skip the main page and go directly to wap.mlb.com/blackberry.
We do not charge any fee or subscription to download this app, though you will be responsible for any data or voice fees that your carrier charges you for accessing data on your device. Consult your carrier for more info.
Another helpful hint for Blackberry(TM) users: To get the best experience of the MLB.com Mobile Web site on your Blackberry(TM), we recommend enabling support for HTML tables & style sheets in your browser. Doing this will result in a cleaner and prettier display of things like the box score and team logos.
To make sure these settings are enabled,
1. On the handset’s Home screen, click the Blackberry Browser icon.
2. Click the trackwheel, then select Options.
3. Select Browser Configuration.
4. To enable or disable support for these features, check the appropriate checkbox:
a) To enable support for HTML tables, make sure the Support HTML Tables check box is checked. If it is not, click the checkbox, then click Change Option.
b) To enable support for style sheets, make sure the Support Style Sheets check box is checked. If it is not, click the checkbox, then click Change Option.
5. To save your changes, click the trackwheel, then click Save Options.
Consult your user manual for more information on these settings and how to change them.
Is it July already?
The All-Star festivities begin this weekend in San Francisco, and as baseball’s best prepare to put on the game’s second-biggest show of the year (next to the Fall Classic, natch), we in the mobile team reached a career milestone of our own, racking up nearly one million mobile votes in the All-Star Final Vote! We’re extremely proud of this overwhelming response. Thanks to all who voted, and congrats to Hideki Okajima and Chris Young for making the team on the strength of fan support.
What else has been going on?
- The MLB 2007 mobile sim game is now available to AT&T Mobility and Sprint customers! Our innovative mobile game that lets you replay recent and classic MLB matchups is now available for select handsets on these carriers, as well as Verizon Wireless. More info on the game is available here. Pricing varies by carrier, data fees may apply when updating rosters, game lists, etc.
- We successfully debuted full pick-by-pick Amateur Draft coverage on our mobile Web site (wap.mlb.com), in the same year the draft made its historic television debut.
- We announced a major partnership with Qualcomm, a leading wireless technology vendor, to use their BrandXtend Signature Solution product to bring more & better baseball content directly to the mobile fan. Read the press release and watch this space for more info.
We have all kinds of fun stuff lined up for after the All-Star break. Watch this blog, mlb.com/mobile on your PC, and wap.mlb.com on your mobile device so you don’t miss any of it.